Financial Planning Process
1. Establish and Define the Client-Planner Relationship: We clearly explain and document the services to be provided as well as mutual responsibilities. We explain how we are paid and by whom.
2. Gather Data and Determine Client Goals: We ask for information about your financial situation. We mutually define your personal and financial goals, understand your time frame for results and discuss, if relevant, how you feel about risk. We will gather all necessary documents before rendering advice.
3. Analyze and Evaluate Client Financial Status: We analyze your information to assess your current situation and determine what must be done to meet your goals.
4. Develop and Present Recommendations and/or Alternatives: We offer recommendations that address your goals based on the information you provide. We will go over these recommendations with you so that you can make informed decisions. We will also listen to your concerns and make revisions as appropriate.
5. Implement the Recommendations: We will work with you to determine how to carry out agreed- upon recommendations. We may implement them for you or serve as your “coach”, coordinating the whole process with you and other professionals such as attorneys and accountants.
6. Monitor the Recommendations: We will agree on who will monitor your progress toward your goals. If we are in charge, we will report periodically to you to review your situation and adjust recommendations, if needed, as your life changes.